It’s been far too long.
In the wake of my previous post, where I detailed a bit of what’s to follow in Killplex, I know kept my word and am now releasing a new build. This one is special because, a) it has lots of internal changes. And b) it actually came out when I said it would.
Base Attack is the star of the show. The new mode is basically a mix of Battlefield’s Rush with Counter-Strike’s Defusal mode. Along with the new mode comes a new map (which I spent nearly an entire day drawing and programming): batk_arena.
Yes, you read that right. The maps now support scripting. It’s in Python, and it’s still hella unfinished, but it’s working (as we can see from the new map working).
I leave you the highlights of this release, and I encourage you to try it.
- Added capture point assists for Capturing and Neutralizing.
- Added new game mode: Base Attack.
- Added positional audio.
- Added server-side map event scripting.
- Added some network code optimizations.
- Fixed a bug where light effects (flicker, rotate) wouldn’t work.
- Fixed a bug where players’ scores in the Info/Scoreboard UI wouldn’t be updated after capturing/neutralizing a capture point in Domination.
- Fixed a bug where spawn points were being imported incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where, if the server uploaded a map to a client, other players would lag.
- …and many more.
Warning! Make sure you open the Launcher as an administrator (right-click, “Run as Administrator”), otherwise it will trigger a WebClient error! I’ll find a way to fix this for the next patch.